Grant applications are now open for the Energy Efficient Communities Program – Dairy.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000
- The maximum project period is 18 months
You can use your grant for one or more of the following:
- replacing existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- installing or replacing a component to help an existing system run more efficiently (for example installing solar pre-heating for a hot water system, installing a variable speed drive on a vacuum pump, installing heat recovery from milk cooling equipment to pre-heat hot water, installing remote monitoring equipment for water storage or pasture condition)
- energy audits
- investment feasibility studies for energy efficiency upgrades
- monitoring of energy consumption and emissions
After ideas? Check out these short case study videos on energy use around dairy farms.
- Simple ways to save energy: from LED light globes to load shifting.
- Water heating: includes heat pump solutions and solar hot water ideas.
- Milk cooling: short video will provide you with tips and resources to have your cooling equipment performing efficiently, as well as other machinery you may not be aware is available.
- Energy Use on Australian Dairy Farms: Help your farm team and family understand energy consumption, e.g. milk cooling and milk harvesting.
- Milk harvesting and timing.