Source: The Guardian.
This article by Adam Morton looks at a number of major green-energy projects that are ‘…on the horizon or, in some cases, already with us’, including:
- The Asian Renewable Energy Hub
- a solar-wind hybrid power plant east of Port Hedland in the Pilbara
- to be used to produce Green hydrogen for export.
- Sun Cable proposal
- solar farm with battery storage at the Newcastle Waters cattle station 750km south of Darwin
- solar export to Singapore and Indonesia.
- Star of the South
- offshore windfarm in Bass Strait off Port Albert and Mcloughlins Beach in South Gippsland
- potential to meet about 20% of Victoria’s electricity needs.