Source: Regional Development Victoria.
The Victorian Government is helping communities to stay connected during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and beyond with the Let’s Stay Connected Fund. The fund provides grants between $5,000 and $200,000 to support community-led initiatives.
The objectives of the program are to combat social isolation and loneliness issues in the community and:
- better connect program participants with others in the community
- provide opportunities for the community to contribute or volunteer during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- increase the capability of participants to connect with both their community and support organisations
- assist service providers in increasing their reach
- increase the capability for the community to support the socially isolated
- ensure an equitable spread of support across both metropolitan and regional areas
- increase collaboration between Government and support services to assist people experiencing social isolation as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19).